enjoyed an evening with composer philip glass several nights ago.
mr. glass was engaging and drove the conversation across the subject of his creative approach and the importance of a developing a shared language when collaborating with ravi shankar and richard d. james (aphex twin).
he talked specifically about losing oneself when becoming part of a unit of collaboration and that there is more value in that than in keeping oneself.
sentences easily said but lessons hard learned in life.
damn good.#philip glass #composer #lecture
tagged as: #philip glass #composer #lecture
- coldmourningrosary reblogged this from sepiakitty
- sepiakitty reblogged this from transceiverfreq
- youarewhatisme likes this
- worsethandetroit likes this
- galaxygnome reblogged this from transceiverfreq
- galaxygnome likes this
- spontaneousinfinity likes this
- jrronimo likes this
- sepiakitty likes this
- fragilemuse likes this
- ahania likes this
- transceiverfreq posted this